All of the below are offered in an effort to help YOU decide if Camp Augusta is a good fit. There are indeed over 12,000 camps in America. Your happiness and satisfaction here depend on your ability to honestly reflect on yourself as a human being — mind, body, heart, and spirit — and decide if this is home for all of those. Reflect peacefully and truthfully.
Checking yourself against some checklists 🙂
- Internal Locus of Control? (here) (here)
- Narcissim? (here)
- GRIT (17-item version: here) (short version: here) (what is it)
- Mindset (Dweck’s work) (test it here)
- Big Five Personality Inventory (here) (what is it) (another what)
- Enneagram (here) or (here)
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) (Here) or (Here) (fun) (fyi)
No one is a perfect fit. Even myself as the director have noted twelve areas in the above where I am not a good fit for Camp Augusta. However, it is important to note which areas hold challenges or differences, and how they sit with you. This is a critical part of the round two application process, which is not done until included — be complete, and in full integrity, when you reply in writing. A brief answer is the same as no answer.
Open letter to prospective counselors from 2008/09 counselor, Will (and a cameo in 2011)
How does Camp Augusta compare to other camps? Click here to determine that for yourself.
“Work is love made visible.”
Below is a video of staff speaking about their experience (made in 2013)