||Sample Resume Sentence
||Led, spearheaded, initiated, drove, implemented, directed, introduced, managed
- Implemented a streamlined new process for activity training that saved camp 100 hours of time during staff training.
- Led a weeklong backpacking and hiking trip with a group of 7 teenagers.
- Introduced new camp store process to minimize excess stock.
- Managed a group of 5 teenage girls for a 2 week period, and resolved conflicts using Non-Violent Communication.
- Acted as primary caregiver and “go-to” person for 5 teenage girls per week for 9 weeks.
||Communicated, identified, managed, discussed, delivered, lectured, mediated
- Mediated conflicts between 5 teenage boys using communication tools such as NVC and success counseling
- Identified needs of disengaged campers and helped them reconnect with the joy of being at camp
- Facilitated camp-wide consensus discussion about transportation at camp
- Discussed homesick camper’s feelings and needs, resulting in her finally enjoying her camp experience.
||Brainstormed, identified, solved, fixed, improved, clarified
- Identified broken process for medical emergencies and clarified the order of actions to be taken
- Brainstormed ideas for cabin activities and used testing leadership style to trial each idea
- Improved evening program activity to be more engaging for the campers and documented the changes
||Organized, supervised, managed, delegated, led, assigned
- Assigned roles to 30+ staff to coordinate camp-wide evening activity
- Supervised five 9 year-old boys while they each solved part of a team building challenge
- Managed a group of teenage girls as they engaged in cleaning up the camp grounds
||Facilitated, collaborated, consulted, participated
- Collaborated with 6 other staff to coordinate a 2 hour village activity
- Participated with 5 teenage boys to complete an 8 element ropes challenge course
- Consulted with other staff members to brainstorm memorable activity selling skits
- Built community within a 7 person village by initiating weekly breakfast meetings.
- Lived in a close-knit community of 60 staff for three months
- Consulted with entire staff to achieve consensus around community food guidelines
- Worked with 30 other staff to facilitate several hour long evening programs to entertain 100+ children
||Planned, developed, organized, scheduled, facilitated, prepared
- Created and developed and hour-long evening program to entertain 150 people
- Prepared and facilitated 20+ detailed evening discussions for boys aging from 11-16
- Organized staff trip outing for 60+ staff within a limited budget
- Created detailed set-up and break down lists for 30+ separate activities during an evening program
||Engaged, served, liaised, entertained, helped
- Liaised with parents and children during weekend-long family camps
- Entertained adult and child guests through performance at campfires
- Helped guests find their way around the camp site, and make purchases from the camp store
||Initiated, investigated, spearheaded, forecasted, suggested, instigated
- Suggested changes to Camp Augusta’s fire safety policy to improve the safety and consistency of fire use
- Spearheaded revisions to the staff manual to increase its relevancy and impact
- Instigated multiple village-wide activities to entertain 25 teenage girls.
||Led, supervised, mentored, oversaw, prepared, managed
- Supervised fellow staff and reinforced their commitment to the agreements they made with camp
- Mentored 5 teenage boys, 24 hours a day for two weeks and oversaw their physical, mental and emotional well-being
- Supervised the safety of campers with valid CPR certification
- Managed injury and illnesses at camp with 1st Aid certification
- Oversaw all water-based programs and ensured camper safety with Lifeguarding certification
- Prepared detailed risk management processes for a variety of activities with different risk levels.
- Managed time in keeping a tight schedule involving facilitating activities, supervising 5 teenage boys, writing parent letters, crafting cabin awards, planning wake-ups and embers, brainstorming and facilitating cabin activities, and ensuring campers are on time for all activities.
- Supervised 5 campers each week for 9 weeks, ensuring they brushed their teeth, bathed, ate adequately, were hydrated, took their medications and got enough exercise.
||Analyzed, critiqued, discussed, explored, troubleshot
- Analyzed camp policy on flat hierarchy and challenged its effectiveness
- Critiqued and suggested improvements to camp’s mountain board program through the process of knowledge management
- Troubleshot camper ideas for cabin activities, analyzing them for risk, practicality and engagement.
||Empathized, listened to, heard, reframed
- Led cabin groups of five campers for two weeks; empathized, motivated, befriended and disciplined
- cabin members when necessary; feedback from
- direct supervisor indicated position of top performer and role model on staff.
- Listened to homesick camper and reflected his feelings and needs through active listening and Non-Violent Communication.
- Empowered campers to make more powerful choices through using the tool of Success Counseling.
- Empathized with fellow staff member who was struggling to connect with her cabin by being in rapport and reframing what she was saying in a more positive light.
||Demonstrated, persevered, committed to, contributed
- Worked with emotional emergencies, including angered people with a range of complaints about fairness or inclusion.
- Demonstrated patience through working with children who have more diverse, complicated and unique personalities than adults, which required adaptability and strong understanding of rapport (physical, vocal and emotional)
- Worked 24 hours a day for 3 months straight, tending to the various physical, emotional and mental needs of campers and staff
||Presented, performed, addressed, displayed, enacted
- Performed in several campfire skits and songs
- Addressed the 150+ camp community with an inspirational speech at the end of Session Two, 2011.
- Displayed confident public speaking through facilitating 100+ activities throughout the summer
||Brainstormed, edgecrafted, created, developed
- Innovated new activity for camp based on my previous passion for acrobatics and yoga
- Created and performed in several campfire skits
- Developed several fictional characters for special wake-ups each morning
- Created and developed a completely original, 90 minute evening program with 25 characters
- Brainstormed and edgecrafted 10+ brand new camper’s choice activities throughout the summer
||Taught, facilitated, grew, mentored, instructed
- Facilitated the growth of 5 teenage boys through educational praise and setting them challenging goals
- Taught 5 girls about teamwork by instructing them on a 25 element ropes challenge course
- Mentored a 17 year-old Junior Counselor through direct scaffolding and success counseling
- Created dozens of meaningful learning experiences for multiple age groups ranging from 8-16 boys and girls.