Camp Augusta is nestled in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains near the historic gold mining town of Nevada City. Our 80 wooded acres rest on the west shore of beautiful Lake Vera, about an hour and a half Northeast of Sacramento.
All activities take place on our site or on the adjoining South Yuba River Recreation Area. Our elevation of 2500 feet and tall pine forest provides the ideal climate for outdoor fun.
Camp Augusta provides staffed, round-trip transportation from the Bay Area. A charter bus picks up and delivers campers at the Piedmont Community Center on the first and last day of each session.
Narrative Directions from the Bay Area
- From anywhere in the bay area, access to camp can be gained through taking Interstate 80 East, towards Sacramento.
- Pass through Sacramento (Follow signs for 80 Reno) and start climbing into the foothills until you reach Auburn.
- Take the Highway 49 exit and head North, towards Grass Valley and Nevada City.
- In approximately 30 miles, you will pass through Grass Valley. Next you will pass through Nevada City.
- You want to be in the left hand lane to get onto 49 West. Immediately after leaving Nevada City, turn left on Highway 49 West, towards Downieville.
- Take your second right onto North Bloomfield Road; there is a fire station on the corner, and it is the first traffic light you will get to.
- Wind uphill for about 1/2 mile and arrive at a three way intersection, take the left turn that goes downhill, Lake Vera-Purdon Road.
- Our driveway is 2.1 miles from this intersection.
- Turn left at the “Camp Augusta” sign, and you are here!
Directions to Piedmont Community Center
The Piedmont Community Center is on Highland Blvd., across from the police station.
- From 580, exit on Oakland Blvd. and stay in the left lane.
- At the stoplight, turn left under the freeway and stop at the light.
- Continue up the hill and merge into the center lane before the stop sign.
- Proceed down the hill and cross Grand Ave.
- Continue up the hill until you reach the stoplight at Highland Blvd.
- Turn right, and continue until the left-sweeping corner.
- The first long, narrow driveway on your right is parking for the camper pick up.