Camp Augusta is a non-profit organization
- Horsemanship and all other activities (no hidden charges)
- Staff-designed custom T-shirt for the given year
- Overnight backpacking trip, rock climbing trip, Yuba trips, and other day excursions
- 24 hour supervision by staff (1:2 overall ratio) who have been exceptionally well screened and trained . . . the most extensive training in the US we know about.
- Three great meals a day & snack prepared by a professional food-service staff
- Natural playground with waterfalls, forest, a lake, and the Yuba River recreational area
- Check out the “Camp Augusta Difference” page.
- Our programs’ diversity and breadth are unequalled in California camps, and includes numerous programs unavailable anywhere else
- Comparable camps charge significantly more, often several hundred – ask for the comparison charts and graphs. ($450 for two-week sessions, on average: range = $1000 more to on par, with nearly every other camp charging more, and offering less).
- Many things included in our tuition are extra at other places – often adding $100 — $300 to the stated tuition. This fact is not included in the above calculus.
- As a non-profit, we don’t pay taxes, we receive donations, staff work for less, thousands of hours of labor are donated, and we receive grants. These allow us to offer a high-quality program at a non-profit rate. Indeed, were we a for-profit camp, we would be $1900 for a one-week session and $3600 for a two-week session.
- Nearly all of our new programs are funded from camp-family donations — ask about a program or facility you may wish to sponsor!
Camp Augusta is a nonprofit organization