We are now hiring for the summer of 2021!
People can have a job, a career, or a calling. Camp Augusta is looking for folks who have a calling. Work, play, learn, struggle, and grow in a vibrant community this summer facilitating the growth of children, yourself, and others in the community. Camp Augusta is different from most camps – we have the longest staff training in the country, operate on a structure of flat hierarchy and consensus, and have created some of the best activity programming we know of. All of this is possible because we have dedicated and imaginative staff. Are you up for the challenge?
See below to fill out our interest form and we will reach out to you about summer opportunities!
- You must be at least 19 years old. (This is 3 years older than the oldest campers; average age of staff is 23/24; it is not uncommon to have 29 year old counselors… 39 happens too!)
- Main Summer 2021 dates: May 18th to August 14th inclusive. All staff are required to work these dates. Staff training begins the morning of May 18th, which means, at the latest, staff are to arrive May 17th.
- Make sure this camp is right for you. Read through the staff experience section.
- This year, we have pre-season activity and policy training beginning at the start of May. We have a strong preference for folks that can start in at the start of May and stay through Mid-September, working pre- and post-season groups (family camps and school groups). Post season work closing down camp is available as well, lasting until October. There may also be some site-readiness positions starting in mid-April.
- We acknowledge these are unprecedented times and strive to prioritize health and safety of campers and staff so we can continue to bring wish, wonder, and surprise into children’s lives through magical days spent at summer camp. In response to the ongoing risks of COVID-19, we are developing a comprehensive policy for summer operations. As part of this response, Camp Augusta will be a closed site for 2021. This means that all staff will be required to remain on-site for the duration of the camp season including time-off with the exception of predetermined essential reasons. The overall experience of our staff is very important to us, and we remain confident that being a staff member at Camp Augusta provides one of the most worthwhile and life changing experiences in the camp world. If you would like to know more, we are happy to chat about details during the application process.
- General questions? Feel free to e-mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give us a ring: 530-265-3702