We are a nonprofit camp that serves boys and girls from all over the United States and the world. We do not discriminate.
In the beginning, Camp Augusta was donated to the girls of Piedmont in 1931 by Edwin William Ehmann and Charlotte Ehmann. Augusta Collins was Charlotte’s mother (and the namesake of Camp Augusta), and the lodge is named after William’s mother, Frieda Ehmann. For the past 80+ years, as the camp has developed, it has been managed by a non-profit Piedmont organization. In the early years, the camp’s main use was by the Piedmont Council of Camp fire. Virtually all the young Piedmont women spent their summers at the camp. Now, Camp Augusta provides a variety of programs for children, families, schools, youth groups, clubs and business groups. Camp Augusta is now an organization that serves both boys and girls from multiple communities, states, and countries.
In the recent past, our camp has enjoyed a variety of successes and improvements. Our Resident Summer Camp has a waiting list for sessions every summer. Multiple capital improvements have rendered our site not only more aesthetically pleasing, but extended our season as well. One of our major projects has been the restoration of Ehmann Lodge, made possible by a grant from the Hoag Family Foundation. This project has not only established a new pride in our camp, but served as a symbol of the continued improvements of our camp and program in general. Lake Vera has also been deepened, allowing for a new and wide array of program areas to take place, from zip lines into the lake, giant rope swings, a ropes course over the water, and many more. Pine bathhouse was also recently replaced. The kitchen building will be replaced in 2014. Camp Augusta now supports over 150 different program areas, and numerous other magical locations throughout the forested 80 acres. We hope you can come by and join us!