My name is Alysha, and this will be my third summer at Augusta! I spent two wonderful summers in Manzi but this year I’ll be creating magic at camp as the Braaaaaaain!
Here’s a bit about me: I just finished up my second year of university, where I study maths. I love playing soccer, travelling, and going camping with my family. I have a beautiful, blue eyed husky called Echo! We love going on hikes together and exploring!
Here are some of my favourite things at camp:
- Archer’s at the ready! Archery is the best clinic at camp 🙂 . Nothing feels better than perfecting your form and hitting a bullseye. Head on out there this summer and let’s get shooting. If you’re lucky, you’ll get to say hi to the horses on the way! Maybe you’ll even get to do some horse archery.
- Hammocking. You’ll catch me in many hammocks during the summer, making many, many, many friendship bracelets.
- Splash! Rope swinging into the lake. Who doesn’t love a quick dip in Lake Vera?
- Storytelling is my favourriiitteee evening program at camp. What story are you going to tell?
Some fun facts about me:
- Once, I flew a plane over the Golden Gate Bridge.
- I’ve climbed Mount Vesuvius!
- I reeealllllyyy love camping!
- I want to hike the PCT one day!
- I hiked the highest mountain in England with a broken ankle and camped up there by a lake.
- My biggest life goal is to stroke a duck! Those pesky things always run and swim away from me 🙁
- I’ve been a veggie for 5 years!
- I can recite pi to 50 decimal places…
- I have a Guiness World Record Certificate… I’ll give you my lazy dog ice cream all session if you can guess what for 😉
I’m looking forward to hanging out with you on the wood chips this summer. See you soon!