Hi my name is Seonaid McLauchlan (pronounced Shin-aid) I am 19 years old born in Greenock, Scotland all those years ago. After the summer I am hoping to attend City of Glasgow College to study Law and criminology.
Greenock is a place located in the west central Lowlands of Scotland. It is very hilly and has amazing scenery…oh and it’s ALWAYS raining! I do love my hometown but I wanted to get away for the growing up, getting married and never leaving stereotype that follows and get a bit of excitement in my life! What better way to do it? Camp Augusta of course. I first heard about Camp Augusta through the camp leaders’ agency and was so determined to get here!
I have been a girl guide since I was ten years old (British version of girl scouts) I attend this group once every week. Rainbows is the youngest group, Brownies then Guides. Attending this is what really fueled my passion to work with children. I began helping with the younger kids in rainbows 6 years ago and from then on my love has grown.
Last year I spent some time inter-railing around Europe. I visited countries such as Vienna, Berlin, Bratislava and many more! One thing I learned from this trip is sleeping on an overnight train is terrible! I am really excited to travel some more after camp before returning back home to Scotland.
I am so thrilled to be joining this wonderful big family in the summer and make it one to remember! I am looking forward to learning new things and teaching some of my skills during this time.
Here are some facts about me.
- I am one of 9 siblings (some of which are step)
- I HATE Pizza (which everyone is so shocked and horrified at)
- This is my first time in America
- I have failed my driving test 5 times! (The last time wasn’t my fault, I swear!)
- I am terrified of snakes, crocodiles and airplanes!
- My favourite animal is cats (I have two!)
- My favourite color is green
- Two of my worst habits are biting my nails and cracking my knuckles