Hey y’all! I’m Ko!
1. This is my 10th summer at Camp Augusta! After having been a camper for 8 years, and then a CIRCLEr in 2016, I’m thrilled to continue making magic, being covered in dirt, and letting my creativity run wild – this time as a staff member.
2. I can’t wait to co-counsel with Lizzie, one of my dear friends from CIRCLE 2016, who can be seen on the left! Lizzie and I have been on many adventures together like attending the same high school, going on a backpacking trip together, and now co-counselling a cabin!
3. Some of my hobbies include singing and songwriting, hiking, acting, dancing, and knitting! I love art, especially the performing arts, and at camp I express that through spinning fire poi, singing whenever I can, performing skits at campfire, and letting my wackiness run rampant.
4. I grew up in the SF Bay Area and when I’m home I love exploring in San Francisco, getting tea with friends, and soaking in the natural and manmade treasures to be found in Northern California. In the fall, I’m so excited to be attending New York University to study Recorded Music. In New York I’ll be combining my love of music performance with my interest in music business and production, and couldn’t be more jazzed to learn and create so much over the next four years.
- I am so grateful to have gotten to travel as much as I have and I can’t wait to keep travelling for the rest of my life. Through my choir, I got to travel internationally to Estonia, Finland, Italy, Austria, and Slovenia, as well as domestic tours to Seattle, New Orleans, and Salt Lake City. Travelling, especially with choir, has helped me to learn so much about myself and how I want to impact the world.
EXTRA EXTRA! EVEN MORE ABOUT ME!
I can crack my knuckles over and over and over again. Ask me to show you!
I speak Japanese.
I placed 2nd in my high school’s bird calling contest two years in a row. If you are interested in hearing the call of the Barred Owl, or the Northern Pintail, you know who to ask.
I much prefer a sandal to a closed toed shoe, and will do as much as I can to not wear closed toe shoes this summer.
I am beyond thrilled to meet y’all very soon, and can’t wait to make magic and memories in the beautiful Augustan forests!