We believe that food service is an integral part of our camp community. Breaking bread together helps to create a sense of community and comfort. We pledge to provide whole food that is nutritious, healthy, alive in flavor, aesthetically pleasing, and presented reverently to our guests and staff. We are committed to providing food services that support a sustainable future. We incorporate the community philosophy of Camp Augusta to maintain and develop a healthy social and working environment. We pledge to take a stand on many issues surrounding our food supply, creating a socially responsible environment. To this end, we strictly adhere to the following principles:
- We provide meals that are 92-100% organic.
- Everything we serve is freshly prepared from scratch using authentic ingredients.
- Menus and recipes are created by the management team based upon feedback from our campers and community. The Camp Augusta Kitchen has the unique practice of empowering chefs to make creative decisions in menu planning.
- We use healthy cooking techniques such as steaming, broiling or grilling to maintain the flavor and nutritional value of the food.
- Bread, desserts and pastries are baked fresh daily.
- We offer vegetarian, nut-resistant, gluten free, lactose free, and vegan entrees as nutritional choices when requested at registration.
- We provide sustainable and locally grown produce, chicken, beef and pork whenever possible. Many of our ingredients are served within 24 hours of harvest.
- Our oils and sweeteners are the highest standard available.
These principles foster many partnerships within our local community. We recognize the role we fill in these relationships and take great care to honor our partnerships.