Apply via e-mail
Highlight the below questions and paste them into a new e-mail
Edit | Copy should do the trick, then Edit | Paste in a new e-mail
1. Who are you?
2. What do you want to learn, and what do you need to learn in terms of your mind, body, heart, and spirit? (two different questions, eight total parts)
3. Why is this opportunity a good fit for who you are and who you want to become?
4. What have you accomplished and/or created, both positive and negative?
How have you and how do you express yourself in life? What stifles your expression? Be specific and concrete.
5. What activities are you passionate about learning, developing, and teaching? What child age range do you have the most experience with? Where? Which age would you like to work with and why?
6. What is it about this specific camp that makes Camp Augusta right for you and us? What excites you? What concerns you? What questions do you have? There are over 12,000 camps. We are one. Why us? The more you read the site and really speak from your heart and spirit here, the better your chances are.
Answer each of the questions. The average successful application is 3+ pages long, with the first two questions being the bulk. The reason is that we don’t want to know your social security number and other usual application stuff; we want to know you as a real, living, breathing human being. We don’t get a bunch of applications and decide; you are considered right away, and as you. Consider this a journal-like entry that you’ll keep for years for its own value . . . indeed, you (and we) want the end result to be something you’d keep and look back upon even if you were not selected; and, please ensure the writing is a joy in and of itself, regardless of Augusta -- those are wonderful to read. Share your heart, mind, and spirit, as that is what you’ll be doing with the campers as well.
Send to: email@example.com with (a) your contact information and (b) how you heard about us, and (c) if you are available for more than one summer or not (how this fits into your life plan/path).
Virtually always, you’ll hear back within 48 hours, and often sooner! If not, check in with us to make sure we got it.
Kitchen application? If you’re applying for a kitchen position, please use this application.